[Air-L] Fitter, Happier, More Productive: Algorithmic Regimes & the Future of Work

Luke Munn luke.munn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 17:39:19 PDT 2023

Kia ora koutou katoa / Greetings AOIRers,

A quick note to let you know about an event next month that you may be
interested in.

Clickwork. Quiet quitting. Bossware. Gigging. Automated Management.
Precarity. In the face of advanced technologies, post-pandemic conditions,
and intersecting economic and ecological crises, labour is undergoing a
series of substantial upheavals. Old paradigms are being rethought; new
modes of production are being unlocked. Work is being reworked. In some
ways, these shifts are unprecedented; in others, they continue long
standing inequalities predicated on race, class, and gender. How do we make
sense of these digitally-driven shifts and their social, cultural, and
political consequences?

This two-day event brings together scholars from media and communication,
migrant studies, business and management studies, and other disciplines to
develop a rich portrait of our changing work conditions. Day 1 will present
a series of interdisciplinary papers and provocations from the listed
speakers; Day 2 will workshop projects-in-progress through informal
presentations and discussions.

(Full speaker list and abstracts at the link below)

Register Here by April 11:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fitter-happier-more-productive-algorithmic-regimes-the-future-of-work-tickets-578266910897

ngā mihi / best,
Luke Munn
Digital Cultures & Societies, University of Queensland