[Air-L] RIP Twitter Search API

Fred Fuchs fred at firesabre.com
Sat Mar 11 10:18:51 PST 2023

Thoughts:

1. Is there any preliminary information on new API
registration for either commercial or academic use?

2. Depending on contractual limitations for any new API
service, if any, I wonder if it'd be possible to set up a
non-profit which facilitated academic use? This might help
with cost sharing if the cost ends up as high as you speculate.

3. Depending on the rules under which existing academic
datasets were collected, might it be possible to share those
among academic users? Again, a non-profit created for the
purpose might facilitate the ethical sharing of existing
datasets among academic users.

Fred

--
Fred Fuchs - Founder, CEO, & Producer