[Air-L] Introducing the 2023-25 AoIR Executive Committee

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Thu May 4 13:08:26 PDT 2023

We are happy to announce the results of the AoIR Executive Committee
election. But first, some thank yous and some information about the
election.

AoIR would like to thank our election monitors, Fabio Giglietto and
Jennifer Stromer-Galley, who, in accordance with the terms of our Bylaws
certified the results. And of course thank you to everyone who ran for
office and everyone who voted!

The new Executive Committee will officially take office in October at the
Association General Meeting. We hope you’ll join us online to meet with
them and provide your input regarding the future direction of the
Association.

Here is your 2023 – 2025 Executive Committee:

   - President (elected as Vice President in the 2021 Election): Nicholas
   John, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
   - Vice President (becomes President in two years): Sarah Roberts, UCLA,
   USA
   - Immediate Past President (elected as Vice President in the 2019
   Election): Tama Leaver, Curtain University, Perth, WA Australia
   - Secretary: Gabriel Pereira, London School of Economics and Political
   Science, UK
   - Treasurer: Sam Srauy, Oakland University Michigan, USA
   - Graduate Student Representative: Tom Divon, The Hebrew University of
   Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
   - Open Seats: 1) Sophie Bishop, Sheffield University, UK; 2) Ariadna
   Matamoros-Fernandez, Queensland University of Technology, Australia; 3) Job
   Mwaura, University of Cape Town, South Africa

Additionally, the new AoIR Code of Conduct has been ratified by membership
vote.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the election. AoIR is excited
about our future with such a great group of members leading the way!