[Air-L] Mobilities and the Digital, DGRG Symposium 2024 - Registration Open

Adam Packer a.m.packer at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 06:15:31 PDT 2024

Dear AoI Members,

TL;DR: Mobilities and the Digital, DGRG Conference, 21 June 2024, University of Birmingham
In-person and hybrid registration link here<https://www.rgs.org/events/upcoming-events/digital-geographies-research-group-symposium>
Check DGRG website<http://digitalgeographiesrg.org> for more information

The Royal Geographical Society's (RGS) Digital Geographies Research Group are hosting our annual symposium at the University of Birmingham, UK, on 21 June 2024. This year's theme is 'Mobilities and the Digital' and it will explore a wide range of topics at this critical intersection. We are thrilled this year's conference is able to be hybrid meaning that you can attend this conference either in-person or online via Zoom. Please join us for this exciting conference bringing together scholars across career stages, perspectives, and interests. You do not need to be a geographer or an RGS member to attend this conference - we welcome anyone to this event!

The Mobilities and the Digital conference features keynotes from Professor David Bissell (University of Melbourne), researcher and author of Transit Life: How commuting is transforming our cities. The keynote panel will feature researchers developing social science approaches and insights into emerging technologies, perspectives on innovation studies, and insights into responsible research innovation. The book panel will discuss Artificial Intelligence and the City: Urbanistic Perspectives on AI (Routledge) edited by Federico Cugurullo and colleagues. We also have over 16 exciting papers and digital shorts to share across the day at the conference. Full programme details to be released shortly.

Conference registration is now open via the Royal Geographical Society's website. The link for registration is available here<https://www.rgs.org/events/upcoming-events/digital-geographies-research-group-symposium>. Please register whether you are attending in-person or online. Registration closes on 11th June 2024. Postgraduates and those in precarious employment may use the code DGRG24 for an £18 discount on their registration. Online attendance is free.

For more information on the symposium, please visit the Digital Geographies Research Group website<https://digitalgeographiesrg.org/digital-geographies-research-group-annual-symposium-2024-registration>.

Kindest regards,
Adam Michael Packer [on behalf of the DGRG committee]

Dr Adam Michael Packer (he/him)

Research Fellow – Future Flight Technologies

+44 (0)7999788267 | @adammpacker

University of Birmingham

College of Engineering & Physical Sciences

Institute for STEMM in Culture & Society (ISTEMMiCS)

www.birmingham.ac.uk<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/>

Twitter<https://twitter.com/unibirmingham> / Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/unibirmingham/> / Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/unibirmingham> / LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/school/university-of-birmingham/>

For the most up-to-date-information, visit: www.birmingham.ac.uk<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/>