[Air-L] Putin's Favourite Conspiracy Influencer Touring Down Under

Dr. Emma Briant teflpolsoc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:39:58 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,
I just wanted to let you know I published a new article in Australian
Outlook as US conspiracy-pusher and former Fox host Tucker Carlson embarks
on a tour in Australia, it highlights also a recent report I contributed
expertise to, showing the weak regulation of social media in Australia, as
a contributing issue:
'Tucker Carlson Takes Putin’s Propaganda on Tour Down Under - Why Should
Australians be Concerned?'
https://www.internationalaffairs.org.au/australianoutlook/tucker-carlson-takes-putins-propaganda-on-tour-down-under-why-should-australians-be-concerned/
The report: Report: Functioning or Failing? An evaluation of the efficacy
of the Australian Code of Practice on Disinformation and Misinformation
https://au.reset.tech/news/report-functioning-or-failing/
Thanks in advance for your interest!
Best wishes,
Emma

--
Dr Emma L Briant

Owner: Maven of Persuasion LLC
Associate Professor at Monash University
Fellow at Bard College, Human Rights Project
Associate at University of Cambridge, Center for Financial Reporting &
Accountability
Speaking agent: Chartwell Speakers
<https://www.chartwellspeakers.com/speaker/emma-briant/>
Book agent: Inkwell Management <https://inkwellmanagement.com/>
Author of: *Propaganda and Counter-Terrorism: Strategies for Global
Change *from
Manchester University Press
Co-Author of: *Bad News for Refugees* with Prof. Greg Philo and Dr. Pauline
Donald from Pluto Press.

Support my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/emmalbriant
Website: www.emma-briant.co.uk
Sign up for my Newsletter
<http://emma-briant.co.uk/sign-up-for-important-updates/>!
Follow me on Mastodon @emmalbriant at mastodon.online
Follow me on Twitter @emmalbriant

"I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns
out today is." - Steve Martin
“Women are like teabags . We don’t know our true strength until we are in
hot water.” - Unknown