[Assam] PC Ram found dead

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Sun Jul 1 09:46:30 PDT 2007

Ram:

You have been fooling us all these years--now we know! You must have
been a political science  major. How else would you know all the
answers to those impossibly hard questions I posed, hoping to
deliver the coup-de-grace to you guys'  arguments :-).

>I know, C'da... these look like grand flip-flops. But terrorists
>ought to know by now that countries do >that.

***  Really?  But I doubt they do. After all they are 'Terrorists',
aren't they?

Question I have however is whether WE do?  I mean, on the face of it,
wee have to assume YOU do, because you spelled it out right here.
Seeing is believing, right?

But I wonder. Correct me if I am wrong here Ram, if we do know then
how come we make these arguments based on labels assigned by people
who are known to flip-flop: One day a terrorist, the next a long lost
brother.

Does it seem like something an informed and analytically able person
will do? I can see how those who are good at collecting the
information ( desis being masters at it, like I say walking
encyclopedias) but are unsure about how to use them might.  Or those
whose primary function is to indulge in propaganda might.

But should we?

>  >
>  >Most of all, if India is a civilized nation with a rule of laws,
>why should the >Assamese living in Hindi speaking states be afraid?
>
>For the most part, most Indians (as I stated earlier) will not go
>about hunting other Indians (read >Assamese here) because of this
>killing or another.

*** I am relieved. But what about those  like Muslims ( Gujarat,
Mumbai) or Sikhs ( post-IG killing), dalits ( since eternity) ?
Perhaps they are 'terrorists'', not Indian enough?

c-da