[Assam] ANT & GRASS HOPPER

Krishnendu Chakraborty krish_gau at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 16:18:02 PDT 2007

C'da

I would not like to get into yet another lengthy
discussion. I will try to answer your questions but do
expect you will answer some of my questions too ---

The main idea of the story, as anybody with common
sense will understand, is that people who are
incapable of making it to higher ups, cribs and point
fingers at those who have made it to higher ups .....
and I do agree to this.

However,  the reason of posting my questions for you
is NOT limited to this story.

You have frequently tried to point out that Indian
education system is dysfunctional. In many of your
postings you have portraied that all who goes to
IIT/IIM or get H1 or get a decent job, have an
affluent parent who earned money through illegel (or
unethical) means.

I know that many of the netters including you, Jugalda
who are very established in their own field have a
background which is more aligned to BK's third son.
Though my background is not that bad, it is pretty
close.

I would be interested to know HOW you made it to IIT
and later to USA?
How come the dysfunctional Indian education not stop
you from achiving this?
Why do you think Indian Education system is
dysfunctional?
In US,  majority of students making it to top rank
Schools are from Private School. Does the US education
system also flawed so as not to allow BK's third son
to make it to top ?

Thanks