[Assam] Assam villages burnt down - From the BBC

Jyotirmoy Sharma jsharma at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 5 22:00:21 PDT 2007

The authorities(Assam Govt) are to be blamed for always looking down
on this problem of cross border aggresion by our neighbouring state.
The media has always highlighted how Nagas have been encroaching on
Assam's land and as always Assam Govt has remained a mute spectator.
Does anyone think Nagaland Govt will hand out the perpetrators of
this crime to Assam? I doubt it. A whole village must have been
involved. They have the active backing of Nagaland Govt and the NSCN.
JS