[Assam] Cycles

mc mahant mikemahant at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:05:59 PDT 2007

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:28:58 +0100From: uttamborthakur at yahoo.co.inTo: assam at assamnet.org; ahsanhazarika at yahoo.com; bhabajyoti at vsnl.com; cc76batch at yahoogroups.com; nayan.guwahati at gmail.com; madhumitak at rediffmail.com; dasmk2k at gmail.com; mrinalpathak1 at sify.com; navathakuria at gmail.com; tura2548 at hotmail.com; pradipphookan at yahoo.co.in; goswami.prashanta at yahoo.co.in; ramesh.adv at sify.com; goswamiranenkr at yahoo.co.in; sarmistha_barua at hotmail.com; skbarua at hotmail.comSubject: [Assam] Cycles
Dear friends

In the midst of Halliburton controversy, I've seen a news item saying that Paris is set for a 'velorution'. It has struck me that, in Guwahati, if specific user friendly lanes for cycles with beautiful tree-shades are provided for, it would reduce requirement for fuel, add to the health of the nation, cut down accidents, highlight the eco-friendly nature of our dynamic minister for Guwahati development and bring in such other benefits. Halliburton shall also be not needed to dig up the river-beds!

So, I request my friends here, who have access to the corridors of power, who have expertise in town planning and civil works or who have the organisation to raise hue and cry to do something about it, if they find this proposal worth a try.

Just inform me on the day you organise a dharna, seminar, bandh or felicitation of the minister ( so popular in the trading community of Guwahati) or whatever, so that I can join the bandwagon of the 'velorutionaries' as a rearguard.
Uttam Kumar Borthakur

Sign in and get updated with all the action!
http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/FormulaOne/Default