[Assam] Cycles

mc mahant mikemahant at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:09:50 PDT 2007

In the midst of Halliburton controversy, I've seen a news item saying that Paris is set for a 'velorution'>

 The Bicycle has been there -some 2 Centuries now!
Every European Nation State tried Biking to work-Rain or Shine-hail or sleet.
The Dutch have-the Danes have-The English have-- bikeways.
NYC tried-gave up. Silicon Valley rewards biking to work and penalizes  car parking.
The Japanese Millionaires walk to work from Train Stations.The Swedish PM Get shot walking home from Cinema- and their dear Foreign Minister gets shot in Grocery store while preparing to walk home with her grocery bags full.

India - a hopeful (SUPERPOWER!) do not orbit in their
# own Spacecraft,
# own-designed Petro-driven car/bus/train/plane/Helicopter/motorcycle
# own-designed Foosh-car(France will allow Tatas to make)
# own-designed(anyfuel) Motorcycle/scooter/moped/Velociped

 Yet if you look under the microscope-
 99% Indians' Airtravel is only ego-driven-like Assam MP's free shuttling 4 round trips a week.
Many fly to show off(I FLEW-SEE!).
Or as Personal Security Guards with 30 states' Ministers gathering at Vigyan Bhawan to learn about special Gyan from Mantrijiand his Babus.Subjects e.g. "PDS and Indiraji's vision".
Or to escort putrified wrong corpses to be burnt only  by the Yamuna .
Or to spray the ashes from Gangotri to Dwarka to Ramesharam
to Parasuram Kund.
Or as Barats for some VVIP's  kin's granddaughter.
Or to attend Inaugurations/Seminars say on Global Warming.
Or for "Discussions"(- only one will speak-) be it on: Ulfa –Govt. talks on-Talk;  or on  I-L of Rivers!

 60% train  passenger travel is  for feeling-GOOD(actuallyBAD)

80% train/road  goods carriying into Assam is
·           to feed  various occupation forces getting hardship allowances
·          to scoop  out all 1000/-  500/-100/- Rupee notes sent by the wagonload last month. Banks like ICICI,UTI,HDFC,SBI  are ready to send under 50,000/- in under 1 minute-no questions asked. India actually facilitates/enjoys  extortions/Donations/Under-the Tables. Chidambaram declared ‘All colour Money is good money’
Return loaded Full with (Near-Free) Tea, Oil, Coal, Urea, Timber,Bamboo
And Halliburton will come to help ONGCL /OIL  scoop out more/easier. And more the Merrier.
Is it possible- this Happy Economy machine? Somebody is surely Unhappy-Somewhere! Where? Who?
Questions are:
1.       Must we extract more and Deplete all we have to Happily Burn Up?
2.       Happily burn up in TOTAL WASTE mode as above?
3.       Or convert every Cubic Metre of Oil and Gas to final value-added Chemicals for our Geometric Growth?
4.       Is the 25-years-being-talked-inaugurated “GAS CRACKER” feasible/desireable or ruinous?
5.       Should we taper off oil/Gas/Coal Production to Zero and go the Biomass/Biodiesel/GTL eco way?
While on the Cycle theme enjoy the picture of one Greener model. Attached as above
mm

From: mikemahant at hotmail.comTo: uttamborthakur at yahoo.co.in; assam at assamnet.orgDate: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:35:59 +0530Subject: Re: [Assam] Cycles

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:28:58 +0100From: uttamborthakur at yahoo.co.inTo: assam at assamnet.org; ahsanhazarika at yahoo.com; bhabajyoti at vsnl.com; cc76batch at yahoogroups.com; nayan.guwahati at gmail.com; madhumitak at rediffmail.com; dasmk2k at gmail.com; mrinalpathak1 at sify.com; navathakuria at gmail.com; tura2548 at hotmail.com; pradipphookan at yahoo.co.in; goswami.prashanta at yahoo.co.in; ramesh.adv at sify.com; goswamiranenkr at yahoo.co.in; sarmistha_barua at hotmail.com; skbarua at hotmail.comSubject: [Assam] Cycles
Dear friends

In the midst of Halliburton controversy, I've seen a news item saying that Paris is set for a 'velorution'. It has struck me that, in Guwahati, if specific user friendly lanes for cycles with beautiful tree-shades are provided for, it would reduce requirement for fuel, add to the health of the nation, cut down accidents, highlight the eco-friendly nature of our dynamic minister for Guwahati development and bring in such other benefits. Halliburton shall also be not needed to dig up the river-beds!

So, I request my friends here, who have access to the corridors of power, who have expertise in town planning and civil works or who have the organisation to raise hue and cry to do something about it, if they find this proposal worth a try.

Just inform me on the day you organise a dharna, seminar, bandh or felicitation of the minister ( so popular in the trading community of Guwahati) or whatever, so that I can join the bandwagon of the 'velorutionaries' as a rearguard.
Uttam Kumar Borthakur

Sign in and get updated with all the action! Formula One