[Assam] Boon for Bio-fuels:Assam

DR BIKASH KUMAR DAS biku006 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 10 09:08:35 PDT 2007

    Dear Mr Dilip Deka,
  Thanks lot for your quick reply.sorrowfully as entire north east gripped by the ghost of ULFA,NDFB<BLT,MULTA and so on.. all are just geting crazy to free money by doing nothing.My own next elder brother is a Govt Vety.Doc at my native-kalaigaon.he gave me this information that someone is doing research at JRT Agri Univ.But since our region is such that no exposure comes out-nor the Tv channel place any focus,I fear that research might be only upto that person only.Even we dnt get megazinge like Prantik at Bangalore!!! The Assamese newspapers dnt have any email id, when call up they will ask to send all by post!!!So we are still at the time of Maniram Dewan... sorrowfully our people only know to chat or se sex on net.None reporter I found having proper email id.Even for Kanaklata isue-I strugle lot and finally got Mr.Shailen Baruah of Amar Asom.

  1.Nahar or Mesua Fena only pride of Assam.Himalayan Tarai region like tea plants.
  2.No cost of growing trees, it grows anywhere.Maintenance free tree.No specific land is required.
  3.Seeds come only once a year, but in large number.
  4.Time taken is 3- 4 year for the first blooming from planting.
  5. Life- too long as much draught is not there.
  6.Disease free absolutely. Not effercted by even flood. these photos of mine planted and grown trees will tell all.
  It got a beautiful design at the natures end- its universal by default.So one kind of decoration to a home too.Like we have tamol paan bagan.
  I tried to get attractions from people worldwide in various sites, but hope assam word is something like going back to HG Wells novel The time machine!!!haaaaa.
  you can get my web at www.flickr.com/photos/Bikash2
  Thanks again.
  Regards.
  Bikash Kumar Das
  Bangalore.

Dilip/Dil Deka <dilipdeka at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Mr. Das,
  Some aspiring student in Assam Agricultural university could get a PhD by doing research on the relative merits of Bhwt Era and Nahor plants in producing biofuel. Since no comparative study exists, it will be welcome by the scientific community and it could even set a standard for such studies throughout the world.
  The following factors and others similar could be investigated:
  Net energy produced per kilogram of the seeds including the fuel value of the solid material left after oil extraction.
  Energy required to produce a kilo of seeds. The plant that grows even in drought obviously wins.
  Cost of growing the trees to produce a kilo of seeds.
  Cost of extracting one gallon of oil.
  Seed yield per year per tree.
  Time it takes for a tree to produce seeds first time.
  Life expectancy of the tree
  Resilience of the tree to disease

  With the focus on biofuels now, it shouldn't be too hard to get funding for the studies.
  Can you motivate Assam Agricultural University?
  Dilip Deka

DR BIKASH KUMAR DAS <biku006 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
    Axomiya ryze,
  Namaskar.I happen to come across a good article on Bio-fuel in Assam-what I was looking for long and kept writing to lot many research scientist too.Since I am not a scientist nor a big shot,things gone to the dustbin.Now since I saw here, I would like to request our Worlwide axomiya xamaj to think of it.
  Spacial thanks to Mr Dilip Deka.