[Assam] US Internship for an IIT girl student - of Jaipur School

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 21:17:40 PDT 2007

Dear AssamNet members,

Hope you are doing fine. I have a  request. One of my girl students - Bhawana Bothra - from Jaipur School (run by my father etc) who is now an IIT student at IIT-Kharagpur, has to do a six month internship in the field of architecture. (If you recall I had sought your advice in summer of 2004 about her options after IIT-JEE rank.)  The trend has been that atleast a third of IITians now go abroad for this training. She  wishes to do the same. I guess she is the first from her family to go out of state for college - leave alone go abroad -- so any assistance would a major boon. You might be knowing someone in the field of architecture and I was wondering if you  could help.

She has to work for 6 months starting Jan 2008 - on a paid internship (I think $2,000 per month etc might be enough to survive in DC/LA/NYC etc ) to work in the office of an architectural firm - and would come to USA on a B1 business visa or J1 training visa sponsored by the firm.

Let me tell you that she is the most brilliant person you can meet - first girl to enter IIT from Jaipur School in its 30 year existence and also the first student to receive the prestigious National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholarship given by the government of India (given to only 1,000 candidates each year  out of 150,000 after two levels of written tests and an interview by univ profs and univ president/VC) .  She was also the Head Girl at Jaipur School in 2002-2003. At IIT also she has been remarkably active in extra-curriculars as well as studies.

I may have had a small part in motivating her and her fellow students in trying for a global career - by first trying for a globally recognized college degree (IITs etc) - and then a global exposure. Her seniors from Jaipur School at IITs (all boys) went to  Paris and Australia for their training in the past two years -- and she wishes to  come to US.

I am also ccing her and her cell phone number is 91-99329-78578.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaipurschool/734932276/in/set-72157600676249130/
Her pic at Jaipur School along with other students -  taken by me on Jan 26, 2003 - School Sports Day & India's Republic Day.

I hope you can find time to figure out a way.

Thanks so much and Regards.

Have a great day.

Umesh

Umesh Sharma