[Air-l] new media political economies

Philip Howard pnhoward at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:04:50 PDT 2003

Hi Andrew / Lisa:  I'm also curious about what is meant by 'new media
political economies'.

If you mean the market for political information and the business side of
new media political campaigns, I have a piece called “Digitizing the Social
Contract:  Producing American Political Culture in the Age of New Media,” in
Communication Review, 2003, 6:213–245.  page proofs are at
http://faculty.washington.edu/pnhoward/publications/socialcontract.pdf.

also coauthored a piece with Tema Milstein called “Spiders, Spam, and
Spyware:  New Media and the Market for Political Information,” coming out in
Mia Consalvo's Internet Studies 1.0 (Peter Lang:  2003).  preview at
http://faculty.washington.edu/pnhoward/publications/howardmilstein.pdf.
p.
Phil
Philip N. Howard