[Air-l] e-science, the grid, and supercomputers

Ben Anderson benander at essex.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 06:42:10 PDT 2003

To add to this (and to provide context to Steve Woolgar's request) here is
how the UK's Social Science Research Council construes the relationship
between of 'e' and 'social science'.

http://www.esrc.ac.uk/esrccontent/researchfunding/escience.asp

And more specifically:

http://www.esrc.ac.uk/esrccontent/researchfunding/esciencespec.asp

There was a useful discussion led by Steve at the OII/iCS conference already
mentioned over whether this stuff is a paradigm shift or just more of the
same but faster/bigger/whatever.

Dr Ben Anderson
+44 (0)7710 187 806
www.essex.ac.uk/chimera/people/ben_anderson.html