[Air-l] myspace/orkut/facebook survey questionnaire

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Thu Nov 16 13:18:48 PST 2006

You should certainly get in touch with Suely Fragoso who is on this list
(come out, come out, wherever you are...)
she did a splendid presentation on "The Brazilian Invasion" of Orkut,
starting in 2004, at CATaC'06 this past June in Tartu.

Suely?

g'luck -
charles ess

> I am in the process of preparing a survey to be applied online both in
> the US and in Brazil examining user habits in the use of Myspace, Orkut
> and Facebook.  My primary interests are why are they using the service
> and what are they doing while they are there....
>
> I would like to see if anyone on the listserv has any suggestions as to
> ideal questions that should be included.  Also, once the survey is
> online, would it be possible to promote to your students or mailing list
> you'all are on?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremiah Spence
> Dept. of RTF
> University of Texas at Austin, USA
> jspence5 at mail.utexas.edu / jeremiah at petraz.be

Distinguished Research Professor,
Interdisciplinary Studies <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html

Information Ethics Fellow, 2006-07, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, UW-Milwaukee
<http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ethics.html>
Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
Vice-President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
<http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23