[Air-l] what is the turnitin copyright claim?

burkx006 at umn.edu burkx006 at umn.edu
Sat Mar 10 06:34:16 PST 2007

This is basically correct -- copyright arises upon fixation of the work in
a tangible medium of expression. Presentations are only subject to
copyright if they are somehow fixed or recorded.

I'm not quite certain how this bears on the Turitin question -- maybe the
point is that students hold copyright to their works upon fixation.

DLB

--
Dan L. Burk
Oppenheimer, Wolff & Donnelly Professor