[Air-l] cfp; disagree with James Whyte (and who?)

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue May 8 08:36:17 PDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Barry Wellman <wellman at chass.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> 1. I disagree strongly with James Whyte, that we should segregate calls
> for proposals, conferences, etc from this list.

This has been discussed as long as I've been a part of AIR. It's
almost a tradition. Despite this, I can't find the discussion on the
AIR-L list so, to agree strongly with Barry:

Given our undisciplined nature (avoiding two recent threads about
disciplinarity and what's in a name, I prefer to think of us as an
"undiscipine,") I think its especially worth mixing our meta with our
discourse. Plus, a good call is sometimes cause for discussion in
itself.

> 2. James Whyte's request (and frequent posts) have made me (and some
> others) wonder: who is James Whyte?

Um, duh. :)

--
//