[Air-L] Statement on fair use

mark latonero mark at latonero.com
Thu Sep 2 15:14:11 PDT 2010

Re: Andre Brock's question "Does AoIR have a specific statement on
fair use of Internet/ICT materials for research in the field?"

The International Communication Association (ICA) released a "Code of
Best Practices in Fair Use for Scholarly Research in Communication" in
June 2010. The document was created by Pat Aufderheide, Peter Jaszi,
and others (including a cadre of AoIR members). While U.S. centric and
not specifically focused on websites, it may be useful in other
contexts.

http://www.centerforsocialmedia.org/fair-use/related-materials/codes/code-best-practices-fair-use-scholarly-research-communication

Best,

Mark