[Air-L] Interactive Media Asst. Prof. at Quinnipiac
alex at halavais.net
Tue Sep 7 09:25:43 PDT 2010
Come join fellow AoIRers Ewa Callahan and me at Quinnipiac!
Interactive Media: Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Position
The Department of Film, Video and Interactive Media, School of
Communications, Quinnipiac University seeks applicants for a
full-time, tenure track faculty position in Interactive Communications
beginning August, 2011.
Primary teaching responsibilities include graduate (on-line and
on-campus) courses in the Interactive Communications Master's Program
in two or more of the following areas:
* Interactive media theory and practice
* Visual design for interactive media
* Digital video and audio design and production
* User experience
* Interactive animation
* Writing for the interactive media
* The design and practice of social media
* Social and cultural effects of new media
Undergraduate teaching in Interactive Media and other areas may be
assigned. Continuing scholarly research/activity and service to the
University are required. The successful candidate will combine a
progressive design philosophy with excellent technical proficiency and
have the following qualifications:
* A Ph.D. or Master’s of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degree in interactive
media or related field. The terminal degree requirement may be waived
for applicants with an M.A. or M.S. who exhibit a documented record of
extraordinary film, video or interactive media skill and professional
* Professional experience in interactive communication or related fields
* A mastery of interactive tools and technologies.
* A body of work which demonstrates a solid understanding of design
principles that are used online and in other interactive environments.
A critical understanding of visual aesthetics, user experience,
information design, and conceptual thinking is a must.
Apply on line at https://careers.quinnipiac.edu . Application
materials should include curriculum vitae and letter of application
addressing professional experience, teaching philosophy, and a program
of research or design. After initial consideration has been completed,
candidates selected for further consideration will be asked to send
three letters of reference, evidence of teaching performance, samples
of professional/creative work (DVD or url) and a copy of transcripts.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2010 and continue until
position is filled.
More information about the Air-L