[Air-L] Canadian Spam law may be of interest here.

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 11 12:55:17 PDT 2011

Because we are all voluntarily on this e-mail list we consent to e-mail
received from the list is my understanding. Many of us have never met in
person nor are family members of each other.

Read more on the link if you want. These definitions they make here of
personal relationship and family allow those of us who are family or have
personal relations (i.e. have met in person) to legally e-mail each other.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-07-09/html/reg1-eng.html
Vol. 145, No. 28 - July 9, 2011
Electronic Commerce Protection Regulations
Statutory authority
An Act to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy by
regulating certain activities that discourage reliance on electronic means
of carrying out commercial activities, and to amend the Canadian
Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act,
the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the
Telecommunications Act
Sponsoring department
Department of Industry
REGULATORY IMPACT ANALYSIS STATEMENT
(This statement is not part of the Regulations.)

Peter Timusk B.Math statistics. BA legal studies
Legal studies of the Information Age
Vice President Computers for Communites
School work blog http://notebook.webpagex.org
Some papers www.webpagex.org