[Air-L] book announcement

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:57:19 PST 2011

Dear Sylvie, Alan and AoIR,

wiki subject page at World University and School (WUaS) -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Library_Resources. WUaS is like
Wikipedia with MIT OCW. WUaS plans to facilitate linking all online
libraries, especially academic ones, with significant web content
(eventually in ALL languages). This may eventually articulate, for
example, with the Digital Public Library of America
(http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/newsroom/digital_public_library)
project, which friends at Harvard and elsewhere are focusing on
developing. This doesn't provide access to copyrighted books at
present, but the future of this is unclear. With skillful planning,
collaboration, and all of us working together, an online, free,
university library will emerge here, in the aggregate.

World University and School focuses on great universities' open course
ware for its academic content, listed here:
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Courses#University_course_listings,
for example. And the WUaS Subjects' page facilitates open,
people-to-people teaching and learning, for example, here -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Subjects - all the while
developing an academic standard based on MIT OCW, Berkeley Webcast,
Yale OYC, etc., eventually for free online degrees. See the FREE
Harvard doctoral degree in education on the WUaS Courses' page, for
example.

World University and School as wiki hopes to open up university
discourse, for all. Here's a Facebook group if you're interested in
more information - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48753608141 -
and wish to collaborate.

Best,
Scott