[Air-L] Openings-Human Centered Computing/Digital Everyware (NY/NJ area)

Michael Bieber bieber at njit.edu
Sat Oct 20 17:09:10 PDT 2012

*Multiple Tenure-Track Positions in Human Centered Computing / Digital
Everyware *
http://is.njit.edu/about/jobs/

Located a short train ride from New York City and Silicon Alley, the
Department of Information Systems, in the College of Computing Sciences,
at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks applications for
multiple full-time, tenure-track faculty positions (Assistant, Associate
and Full Professor / Department Chair), for Fall 2013.

We seek candidates with excellent research and teaching abilities in
Human Centered Computing (HCC) who are committed to actively engaging in
interdisciplinary research.  We encourage applications from any area of
HCC including but not limited to: Social Computing, Digital
Everyware/Ubicomp, CSCW, Assistive Technologies and Usable Privacy and
Security. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in UXD,
UX-Research, and the building and testing of innovative interactive
systems, and grants. Faculty and student entrepreneurship is encouraged
and new hires will have the opportunity advise Ph.D. candidates and to
work with start-ups housed in NJIT's Enterprise Development Center.

U.S. News & World Report's 2012 Guide to America's Best Colleges ranks
NJIT among the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is the
largest technical State University in the NY-NJ tri-state area and is
undergoing rapid transformation.  The university, located at University
Heights Newark is at the center of large urban renewal project, and
under the leadership of a newly appointed President and Provost. The
College of Computing Sciences is current engaged in a Dean Search.
Information Systems hired four faculty in the past year as part of the
university's continuing strategic growth and we are looking to
significantly strengthen our efforts in HCC in the coming years. As
such, we expect incoming HCC faculty to have a significant role in
shaping the future of the department, college and university.

We benefit from our close proximity to midtown Manhattan (30 minutes by
train) and the highly livable communities of northern New Jersey. The
area has a high concentration of business and government organizations,
with many opportunities for field research, collaboration and consulting.