[Air-L] Doctoral studentship in Media and Communication Studies at Södertorn University, Sweden

Maria Bakardjieva mpbakardjieva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:39:10 PST 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are looking to fill a Ph.D. position at Södertorn University in
Stockholm associated with our research project entitled "New Media and the
Dynamics of Civil Society in the New EU Democracies: Retooling Citizenship
in the Baltics and the Balkans". Our plan is to examine and compare the
place of new media in the activities of civil society groups and civic
initiatives in Bulgaria and Estonia. The researchers participating in the
project are Göran Bolin and Stina Bengtsson from Södertorn, Kjell
Engelbrekt, from the Swedish National Defence College and myself, Maria
Bakardjieva from the University of Calgary in Canada.

We are looking for a person with good knowledge of English and Estonian as
well as a solid background in the social sciences, preferably in Media and
Communication Studies.

I would be very grateful if you send this announcement to your students or
colleagues who might be interested in a position like that. The link to the
PhD position announcement is as follows:

http://web101.reachmee.com/i007/sh/se/(X(1)S(rbuom2r2r5m2fgvqq3ppge55))/vacdetail.aspx?commadseqno=916&postback=vacancies.aspx

Note that the application deadline is December 1. Potential applicants are
welcome to contact one of us for more details.

Thank you very much for your help!

Maria