[Air-L] call for teacher education collaborators for AoIR16

Kiersten Greene kagreene at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:42:56 PST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

*If you are a teacher educator who is interested in connecting with other
teacher educators through AoIR, please read on...*

The purpose of this email is to initiate a discussion around scholarship at
the intersection of K-12 education and the internet. Though I initially
considered producing a call for proposals for a panel presentation for
AoIR16, I thought it might be more effective to find more of you out there,
first, and then figure out ways in which we might collaborate, second.

So much comes to mind in the context of K-12 education when considering the
theme of next year's conference, 'internet rules!' As a teacher educator in
New York State in the U.S. who looks at the gap between policy and
practice, I am interested in understanding how decisions around technology
integration in classrooms are being made. And as a practitioner who teaches
aspiring teachers how to teach writing, I am curious to further understand
the ways in which the process of writing is both changing and being changed
by screens and other digital tools with which we compose.

If you are interested in connecting with other teacher education
scholars, *please
complete this quick form by December 15th*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14deKGfA_Mdks_aIrvtANnJdNvCVb8DY9K3q_HyYn8mA/viewform?usp=send_form>
.

I will follow up shortly after the 15th to connect everyone who responds to
this call. At that point, we can talk about how to continue the discussion
toward producing a panel proposal for AoIR16 in Berlin.

I look forward to connecting with you!

Best wishes,
Kiersten

--