[Air-L] analytical tools for emojis, textual expressions of emotions?

Cecilia Aragon aragon at uw.edu
Mon Jun 11 12:22:08 PDT 2018

Dear Charles,

Our group has studied emotion and emoticons in text and produced several
open source analysis tools (https://depts.washington.edu/hdsl/tools/).

   - "Statistical Affect Detection in Collaborative Chat,"
   <http://faculty.washington.edu/aragon/pubs/CSCW2013.pdf> Michael Brooks,
   Katie Kuksenok, Megan Torkildson, Daniel Perry, John Robinson, Paul Harris,
   Ona Anicello, Taylor Scott, Ariana Zukowski, Cecilia Aragon. *Proceedings
   of the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, CSCW '13,* San
   Antonio, TX (2013)
   - "Collaborative Visual Analysis of Sentiment in Twitter Events,"
   <http://faculty.washington.edu/aragon/pubs/cdve2014_brooks.pdf> Michael
   Brooks, John J. Robinson, Megan K. Torkildson, Sungsoo (Ray) Hong, Cecilia
   R. Aragon. International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization, &
   Engineering (2014).

Best regards,
Cecilia

--
Cecilia R. Aragon, Professor
Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering, University of Washington