[Air-L] feminist & care ethics in internet research?

Powell,A A.Powell at lse.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 05:53:29 PDT 2019

Hi,

We also base the Virt-EU project on feminist and care ethics principles, using these to help to frame new strategies for work on the internet of things (but this could apply to other data-intensive services and business models as well)

There are several blogs outlining our approach here: http://virteuproject.eu

My own broader work is also concerned with feminist/care ethics - look out for my book on the smart city next year, called Suboptimal: Communication Rights in the Smart City (Yale).

Best

Alison.

--
Dr Alison Powell
Assistant Professor, Director of MSc in Data & Society

Recent publication: "Moral Orders in Contribution Cultures"
Communication, Culture and Critique, Volume 11, Issue 4, 1 December 2018,
Pages 513–529, https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcy023