[Air-L] Please assist a grad student on using SNA to study pre- and post-disaster social networks? (Yosem Companys)

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:55:07 PST 2019

Hi all,

Anyone who's interested in converting free-text location fields into
standardized location data might want to look at a Python module I
designed to do just that: https://github.com/dfreelon/geostring

You simply feed it a list of locations and it tries to guess where each
one is at the country, sub-country (state/province), and city levels.
I'm interested to see how people might use it.

Best, /DEEN