[Air-L] Farmers' use of the internet

Brian Butler bsbutler at umd.edu
Tue May 7 13:56:30 PDT 2019

Here are a few papers that we have written about local foods systems,
technology use, and farmers.

Butler, B. S., Ridings, C., & Pike, J. C. (2009). Growing local food
systems: information technology use and impacts in geographically-embedded
markets. *ICIS 2009 Proceedings*, 92.

Butler, B., Travis, D., Ridings, C., & Zacharia, Z. (2014). Community or
Market?: The Implications of Alternative Institutional Logics for IT Use in
Community Supported Agriculture Programs (CSAs). (
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7526/0a72b63e27fdec06052fc882f45009bf2ce2.pdf
)

And some other resources (including our dataset and survey).

Brian S. Butler, Ph.D.
Professor and Senior Associate Dean, UMD iSchool
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  USA