[Air-L] Fwd: Lifeline usage in rural communities?

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Mar 24 10:35:41 PDT 2020

Anyone here can help Henning?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Henning Schulzrinne <henning.schulzrinne at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM

If you happen to be aware of any research or data that analyzes the usage
of Lifeline subsidized phone or broadband services in urban vs. rural
communities, please let me know. (I have a state-by-state breakdown, but
nothing below that aggregation level.)

Also, since Lifeline eligibility is coupled, in part, to Medicaid
eligibility, I wonder if states choosing (or not) to expand Medicaid under
ACA has affected Lifeline uptake in different states.

[This question is of more than academic interest for me at the moment; feel
free to send an email and I'll tell you more.]

Henning