[Air-L] Additional Online Resource - Hey Watch This!

Cristiane Damasceno csdamasc at uncg.edu
Tue Mar 17 10:58:33 PDT 2020

Thank you, Patricia!
This is great.
Best regards,
Cristiane

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:43 PM Patricia Lange via Air-L <
air-l at listserv.aoir.org> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> I just released my ethnographic film Hey Watch This! Sharing the Self
> Through Media (2020) which uses a case study of early YouTubers to explore
> enduring and profound philosophical questions about media such as: Where is
> the "real me" in and through media? What constitutes true participation on
> social media? What do I envision for my digital legacy? The film can be
> used to illustrate information in my book Thanks for Watching: An
> Anthropological Study of Video Sharing on YouTube (2019), or on its own.
>
> The film is posted on Vimeo and has a study guide. It is constructed in a
> modular way so that individual online break-out sessions or exercises might
> follow from individual student screenings at once or in chapters/sections.
>
> Stay well everybody, during these hard times!
>
> https://vimeo.com/394007182

*Cristiane S. Damasceno, Ph.D. *
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication Studies
Ferguson Building 106
P.O. Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Portfolio <https://sites.google.com/uncg.edu/cristianesdamasceno> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/CrisSDamas> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristiane-s-damasceno-30580922/>