[Air-L] Suggestions for research-based blogs?

Alice Fleerackers afleerac at sfu.ca
Mon Nov 23 13:49:02 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

First of all, many thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions for
research-based blogs! I was overwhelmed with the positive response — and
inspired by all the work internet researchers are doing to share their
research more broadly.

To those of you who requested to see it, the finished blog post is now live
<https://www.scholcommlab.ca/2020/11/23/blogging-your-research-tips-for-getting-started/>.
(Please feel free to share and reblog if you like!) It covers some of the
key questions about starting a research blog that I get asked at my
research blogging workshops, and includes a list of example blogs at the
very end.

Unfortunately, I only had space to include a few of the many, many
suggestions I received—and even fewer focusing on digital research. But I'm
encouraging the Radical Access blog
<https://www.lib.sfu.ca/help/publish/scholarly-publishing/radical-access/blogging-research>
to continue this work with a follow-up post in future profiling some of the
other wonderful research blogs I discovered thanks to all of you. I can
share that post here if/when it is published.

Thanks again for your help —

Alice
—
Alice Fleerackers (she/her)