[Air-L] CfP: Online Deliberation in Conflictual Times

Esteve Del Valle, M. m.esteve.del.valle at rug.nl
Wed Jan 20 05:45:41 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

Together with Dr. Rosa Borge I’m organizing the Panel Online Deliberation
in Conflictual Times <https://ecpr.eu/Events/Event/SectionDetails/1148>
(ECPR 2021, section 'Political Networks') which might be of your interest:

“To understand the implications of changes in communications for democracy,
online communications should be assessed as discursive actions that hint
towards the potential existence of a public sphere. This is especially
relevant during the current epidemiological crisis which effects on the
deliberative aspects of online political communications remain to be
understood. Indeed, this crisis provides a unique opportunity to
investigate whether and how an exogenous shock can affect discursive
practices in online political networks. We invite contributions examining
the deliberative aspects of communications taking place in online political
networks during the Covid-19 crisis, especially those studying highly
divisive political issues. Furthermore, we look for submissions
methodologically innovative and for new measurement proposals that can
expand our knowledge on online political deliberation”

Please consider sending an abstract (300 words) to r.borge at uoc.edu or
m.esteve.del.valle at rug.nl by February 3rd.

All the best,
Marc

--
Marc Esteve Del Valle, PhD
Assistant Professor, Center for Media and Journalism Studies
University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
Associate Editor, *Political Research Exchange* (PRX)
Webpage: marcestevedelvalle.com
Social Media: Twitter <https://twitter.com/netmev?lang=en>| ResearchGate
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marc_Esteve_Del_Valle>| LinkedIn
<https://nl.linkedin.com/in/marc-esteve-del-valle-3b488095> | SlideShare
<https://www.slideshare.net/marcesteveidelvalle>
Recent Publications:
Mapping the Dutch energy transition hyperlink network
<https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/12/18/7629> (2020: 1-24, Sustainability)
Online deliberation and the public sphere: Developing a coding manual to
assess deliberation in Twitter political networks
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13183222.2020.1794408> (2020:
1-20, Javnost-The Public)
Platform pop: Disentangling Spotify's role in the music industry
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1369118X.2020.1761859>.(2020:
1-19, Information, Communication & Society).
Learning in the wild: Understanding networked ties in Reddit
<https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-36911-8_4>.(2020:
51-68, Springer)