[Air-L] Twitter Journalist Suspensions

Robert Tynes nativebuddha at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:08:41 PST 2022

I’ve never been interested in the twitter and free speech framing. If you want free speech, go to Gab. You can say whatever you want there. The value of twitter for me has always been reverse surveillance—the ability to crowd source expose messed up, real time racist brutality and/or political corruption and/or elite corruption. Basic watchdogging. If twitter doesn’t do that anymore then fine. A new platform will arise. Mastodon seems good for community but it hasn’t shown me how it can watchdog like twitter has.