[Air-L] Invitation: Public Interest Research, 24 February 2022, 16:40-18:00 CET / online

Katja Mayer katja.mayer at univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 15 00:34:40 PST 2022

Dear colleagues,

The Research Platform Governance of Digital Practices
<https://digigov.univie.ac.at/> (University of Vienna) cordially invites
you to attend a public event organized as part of the non-public
international Winter School "Taming the iMonster: Regulating digital
platforms"
<https://digigov.univie.ac.at/teaching/digigov-virtual-winter-school-taming-the-imonster-regulating-digital-platforms/>:

*Public Round Table @ DigiGov Winter School**
**PUBLIC INTEREST RESEARCH*

*When*: *Thursday, 24 February 2022, 16:40-18:00 (CET)*

*Where*: online via Zoom

*Language*: English

In our workshop, we will introduce several respective public interest
research projects and discuss which formats of knowledge production are
best suited to conduct research on social media.

*Speakers*:

John Albert <https://algorithmwatch.org/en/team/john-albert/>
(AlgorithmWatch)

Wolfie Christl <https://wolfie.crackedlabs.org/> (Cracked Labs Vienna)

Jonathan Gray <https://www.kcl.ac.uk/people/dr-jonathan-gray> (King's
College London)

Jürgen Pfeffer <http://www.pfeffer.at/> (Technical University Munich)

Theresa Züger <https://www.hiig.de/en/theresa-zuger/> (Alexander von
Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society)

*Moderation*:

Katja Mayer <https://digigov.univie.ac.at/team/#c581098> (University of
Vienna)

Meropi Tzanetakis <https://digigov.univie.ac.at/team/#c733208>
(University of Innsbruck)

**

*Click here to register for this event
<https://www.eventbrite.at/e/public-round-table-digigov-winter-school-tickets-250560582447?aff=eemailordconf&utm_campaign=order_confirm&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_term=viewevent>*.

*Visit our homepage for further information
<https://digigov.univie.ac.at/news-events/public-round-table-digigov-winter-school/>*.