[Air-L] Online interviews with participants in China

wangmanlin wangmanlin at cuc.edu.cn
Fri Feb 3 10:49:37 PST 2023

   Hi Cristina,

   I’m Manlin from the Communication University of China. I saw your
   email. Here is a little information from my side. We use ‘ Tencent
   Meeting’ as an online collaboration software. And I noticed that the
   company released the international version of ‘ VooV Meeting’.  Here is
   the link. (I’m not sure about the GDPR compliant.)

   [1]https://www.tencent.com/en-us/responsibility/combat-covid-19-tencent
   -meeting.html

   [2]https://voovmeeting.com/mobile/

    And most Chinese people use ‘ WeChat’ as a real-time chatting tool.

   [3]https://www.wechat.com/us/

   Best regards,

   Manlin

   [defaultAvatar.png]
   wangmanlin
   邮箱:wangmanlin at cuc.edu.cn

   ---- Replied Message ----
   From    [4]Cristina Costa via Air-L<air-l at listserv.aoir.org>
   Date    02/04/2023 01:26
   To      [5]air-l at listserv.aoir.org<air-l at listserv.aoir.org>
   Subject [Air-L] Online interviews with participants in China
   Dear fellow researchers, I hope this email finds you well.
   I am emailing you because I am working with a PhD researcher who is
   preparing to conduct her field work. She is aiming to conduct BNIM
   interviews with participants' in China, but was hoping to do them
   online.
   Apparently, Zoom is no longer accessible in China without VPN. Do you
   know
   of any video/audio call software that works in China and is GDPR
   compliant?
   best wishes, Cristina
   *Dr Cristina Costa*
   Associate Professor
   Co-Director (MA in Research Methods) in the *Durham Research Methods
   Centre*
   <https://www.dur.ac.uk/researchmethodscentre/>
   SoE Student Recruitment, Marketing & Internationalisation Coordinator
   Durham University
   School of Education
   Office: Ed 213a
   Leazes Road
   Durham
   DH1 1TA
   Email: cristina.costa at durham.ac.uk
   Twitter: @cristinacost
   Website: www.socialtheoryapplied.com
   Staff Profile <https://www.dur.ac.uk/directory/profile/?id=18517>
   http://www.aoir.org/

References

   Visible links:
   3. https://www.wechat.com/us/
   4. mailto:air-l at listserv.aoir.org
   5. mailto:air-l at listserv.aoir.org

   Hidden links:
   7. https://dashi.163.com/projects/signature-manager/detail/index.html?ftlId=1&name=wangmanlin&uid=wangmanlin%40cuc.edu.cn&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyelogo%2FdefaultAvatar.png&email=%E9%82%AE%E7%AE%B1%EF%BC%9Awangmanlin%40cuc.edu.cn&items=%5B%22%E9%82%AE%E7%AE%B1%EF%BC%9Awangmanlin%40cuc.edu.cn%22%5D