[Air-L] Two funded PhD studentships @ the ESRC Digital Good Network

Helen Kennedy h.kennedy at sheffield.ac.uk
Sun Jun 18 10:14:59 PDT 2023

Dear friends and colleagues

The ESRC Digital Good Network <https://digitalgood.net/> has two funded PhD
studentships, starting in autumn this year. The Digital Good Network asks:
what does a good digital society look like and how do we get there. It
focuses on equity, sustainability and (critical/collective) resilience and
their interconnections. More information about our vision
<https://digitalgood.net/about/our-vision/> can be found on our website.

One PhD student will be supervised by me, and the other by my fanstastic
colleague Ros Williams <https://digitalgood.net/team/ros-williams/>. Second
supervisors will come from our amazing network Management Team
<https://digitalgood.net/about/management-team/>.

If you have excellent MA students looking for a funded PhD studentship in a
relevant area, please pass this information on. The advert/application
instructions are here
<https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/towards-a-good-digital-society/?p158576>,
and the deadline for applying is 26th June.

Best wishes

Helen

--
Helen Kennedy, Director, ESRC Digital Good Network
<https://digitalgood.net/>, @digitalgoodnet

*LATEST PUBLICATIONS: *

Socially meaningful transparency in data-based systems: reflections and
proposals from practice
<https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JD-01-2023-0006/full/html?utm_source=smc_email_onboarding&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apa_author_journals_access_2023-6-14>
(2023, w/Jo Bates, Itzelle Medina Perea, Susan Oman, Lulu Pinney, *Journal
of Documentation*)

Generic visuals of Covid-19 in the news: Invoking banal belonging through
symbolic reiteration
<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/13678779211061415>(2022,
w/Giorgia Aiello, Chris W Anderson, Camilla Mørk Røstvik, *I**nternational
Journal of Cultural Studies*.