[Air-L] 2nd Annual BU Summer School in Digital Methods

Scott Wright swright at bournemouth.ac.uk
Tue May 7 00:00:00 PDT 2024

Hi everyone, we are delighted to invite you to the 2nd annual Summer School in Digital Methods, running 1st-5th July at Bournemouth University (BU).

The Summer School will cover several digital methods including:

  *   Website scraping and APIs
  *   Content Analysis, Sentiment analysis and Computer-aided content analysis
  *   Social Network Analysis
  *
AI Masterclass and AI Practice for Research
  *   Data Visualisation and storytelling
  *   An introduction to Predictive Modelling

All participants will work on a common research problem through the week, and the goal, alongside learning skills, is to collect data for a joint publication. The course will be led by Prof Scott Wright, with support from staff from across BU including Professor Darren Lilleker, Professor Dan Jackson, Professor Anna Feigenbaum, Professor Rick Stafford,  Dr Festus Adedoyin, Dr Michelle Heward and Professor Richard Berger. We will also have sessions on working with industry and some guest lectures.

The Summer School is open to both PhD students and early career researchers. Places are  limited due to lab size and we will select based on answers to the application as well as an overall consideration to ensure a balance amongst participants.

There will be no charge for this event and catering will be provided during the day. We will also offer support of upto £200 to help towards travel and accommodation expenses for non-BU PhD students (max 15).

For more information, including a draft schedule and application form, please use this website:

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/events/digital-methods-summer-school-2024

Applications must be submitted by  must be submitted by Tuesday 14th May and successful applicants will be told by 16th May. So please apply asap!

If you have any questions, please email me at swright at bournemouth.ac.uk<mailto:swright at bournemouth.ac.uk>

Best wishes,

Scott

Professor Scott Wright

Deputy Dean

Professor of Political Communication and Journalism

Faculty of Media & Communication
Bournemouth University

p:  01202 9 62055
t: https://twitter.com/scott_wright1

w: https://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/swright

google scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=VzWDwiEAAAAJ&hl=en

BU is a Disability Confident Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU AccessAble webpages.