[Air-L] Seeking Participants for Research on Elder Douyin Content Creators

Yingwen Wang y.wang05202212 at arts.ac.uk
Wed May 22 02:10:48 PDT 2024

Dear Air-L list members,

I hope this email finds you all well. My name is Yingwen Wang, I am a PhD candidate at the University of the Arts London, working on a research project that explores the dynamic digital landscape of Douyin (Chinese TikTok). My focus is mainly on a demographic that proves both inspiring and pivotal in the digital realm—older content creators.

I am currently facing challenges in reaching out to this specific group—elder Wanghong (online influencers) who are 60 years or older and have more than 10k followers on Douyin. This demographic represents a vital part of my research as it offers significant insights into the evolving landscape of social media, where the narrative is predominantly dominated by the youth.

Given the unique nature of my study, finding participants who meet these criteria has been more challenging than anticipated. I am, therefore, reaching out to seek your support and connections. If you know individuals who fit this description or have contacts in networks or communities where such influencers might be active, I would be immensely grateful if you could connect me with potential participants. Any tips or advice on better engaging with this community would also be warmly welcomed.

Participation will involve interviews and discussions tailored to fit the participants' schedules, aimed at understanding their motivations, challenges, and impacts in the digital sphere. All information shared during the study will be treated with the highest confidentiality and respect for personal privacy.

Thank you very much for considering this request. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you could offer. Should you need more details about my research or wish to discuss how you might be able to help, please feel free to contact me at y.wang05202212 at arts.ac.uk.

Warm regards,
Yingwen Wang

Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London.