[Assam] Is India a nation of Cowards?

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 18:40:10 PDT 2007

Hi KJD,

 >Therefore,those who plunder and murder used to get unique treatment from
this nation of >cowards!!!!.

This is indeed one of the major faults with India. There have been a number
of missteps in the past - whether the GOI is dealing with ISI, Kashmiri
terrorists or the Taleban. Each and every time, the softies in the GOI have
thought it best to negotiate with ruthless terrorists and lost out.

If the Indian Parliament has passed some law that they will not negotiate
with terrorists, its probably just a feel good thing and never used.

As far as policy matters go, it is well known that countries that never
negotiate, are respected more by terrorists. The Russians, the Israelis and
the Chinese have built up a good reputation in these matters and terrorists
leave them alone.
The Chinese, in fact are known to shoot first and ask questions later.

It is very intriquing that here you have someone brutally kidnapped,
possibily tortured, and then summarily have his throat slit by "barbarians"
(read the Times of India, and host of other media), and YET you have
sympathizers expecting democratic ideals, and possibily due process - oh!
because India is a democracy.

It is no wonder that the NE boasts of so many terror/insurgency groups. They
all know that the GOI will just roll over like a good ole boy.

--Ram