[Assam] Day2: Assam2007: Pt 1-- Zubeen mania; heroine

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 23:57:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

Just reached home thanks to Partha-da Gogoi who lives closeby. it is 2:34 am.

After midnight it was all the magic of Zubeen Garg (Borthakur) and his string of Assamese and Hindi (Ya Ali songs) - for two hours. I got to talk to him for a couple of minutes -- seems he needs a Godfather in Bollywood still - networking works wonders. But today it was his voice and tempo which was wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf3ZhpNzElM&mode=related&search=

Also it was wonderful too the excitement and talent of Assamese in dancing - Sattriya dance by Jugal-da Kalita's wife,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ15-lRx_dA - from the net

the national themed song with Indian flags in Rajasthani outfits by Brahma sisters - who later excelled in dancing frestyle alongwith all the guests . The elder one college going seemed talented enough to join Hollywood or Bollywood film industry - as I discussed with another well wisher of theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ao-iQimHHg  the elder sister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEKz3-M9Fo both sisters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKg1PeNEy-A By Satyen-da of DC

The Rick and Nick brothers, the ethnic fashion show and various Bihu dances were well choreographed. Compared to North India women were not hesistant to join in the singing , dancing and other cultural activities which was good.

Umesh

Umesh Sharma

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]