[Assam] ANT & GRASS HOPPER

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Tue Jul 3 20:07:54 PDT 2007

What happened? You did not want to get to the answers you were seeking?

I did not say anything about the world being black and white. But
when YOU , who agreed with the creator of  DATGH , subscribed to that
black and white world concept, as you read it, of the world divided
into the two camps--of the Ants and the Grasshoppers,  you are the
one who subscribed to  it.

I had nothing to do with YOUR comprehension, or lack thereof, of what
was embedded in that piece of trash, that some of of you found to be
'very good', enlightening or whatever.

I realize, that YOU were caught up with your own flawed
understanding, and resulting arguments you proffered.  But there is
more to it:

That piece of foible,  a desecration of Aesop's fable,  really DID
NOT try to divide the world up to two neat camps, of the HWAs and
LCLs.  It was far worse. It attempted to portray that there were
those who worked hard, pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, on
their very own,  like the self-made men/women they fancy themselves
to be; only to be thwarted by those like Medha Patkar , Arundhati
Roy, CNN, BBC, NDTV or who have you, who speak up and out for those
on whose backs these self-made men/women are attempting to build
their fortunes.

But in reality, those who identify withe gist of this article are the
COMPLAINERS, the 'cribbers' in your words. They are the PARASITES.
They are clueless ands can care less  about all those, for whom their
land is the only thing that stands between a life of urban
deprivation and and a life of dignity, however meagre.

And who does the wretched author of that piece belongs to? To the
'cribbers'.  They are abjectly ignorant of the glaring fact of their
pretensions to being 'achievers, of being self-made men/women, is
fiction, but something their desi-education never prepared them to
recognize or realize.

  Thus, the question you asked me, is based on   your   inability to
comprehend ordinary English, compounded by your political
predilections.   The 'cribbers'  here  are those to whom the author
of the clueless piece belongs. And WHO are these cribbers?

They are the privileged few of India, empowered by a government who
steals from the many to enrich and empower the select few, those
whose children , by overwhelming percentages get to attend those
'elite' institutions, only to leave and enjoy the good life on
foreign shores.

Am I ONE of them, like you insinuate?  You decide.

And that was what I was saying that you took issue with.

I hope, NOW you understand.