[Air-L] Online research ethics

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Fri Mar 7 07:43:22 PST 2008

Lori as usual gives very good and detailed advice.

In the following  case most of the time  the publisher of the article
or book wont even let you use the images without permission
On Mar 7, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Lois Ann Scheidt wrote:

> f you are studying the site(s) as texts without consideration to the
> issues of the people who wrote the words, placed the pictures,
> etc....then I think you can use the text argument.  HOWEVER, if you
> are
> using the words or pictures or whatever, on the screen to get at
> issues
> related to the content creators then you are studying people.  PERIOD.

Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~radhik

http://www.cyberdiva.org/blog