[Air-L] New Seminar Series: Civic Data Talks - Data Cooperatives and Engagement

Emily Rempel emilysrempel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 05:38:10 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We are launching a new online seminar series exploring data cooperative
models and public engagement methods with data. The first seminar is June
15th 12pm BST. Details below.

All my best,
Dr Emily Rempel
Public Participation Manager
Civic Data Cooperative
University of Liverpool

Discover the future of data stewardship in our exciting new monthly seminar
series: *Civic Data Talks!*
<https://civicdatacooperative.com/blogs-and-events/civic-data-talks/>

The Liverpool City Region Civic Data Cooperative proudly presents an
engaging online series dedicated to exploring the practicalities and
possibilities of civic data innovation and stewardship. Join us as we delve
into the realm of public inclusion in data and digital innovation.

Our sessions will feature real-life examples and insightful discussions on:

•Running health data cooperatives

•Designing participatory data stewardship activities

•Exploring children's rights in AI and more!

Don't miss our inaugural session *on June 15th from 12:00 to 1:00 pm*.
We're kicking things off with an exciting topic: *Developing Data
Cooperatives*
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/civic-data-cooperative-48066989013>*.*

Our speakers are:

•*Gary Leeming, Civic Data Cooperative Director*: Pioneering new models for
civic data stewardship in the Liverpool City Region

•*Julian Tait, Co-founder and CEO of Open Data Manchester CIC*: Unlocking
the true potential of data cooperatives through innovative design

To learn more about Civic Data Talks and register for all sessions, visit
our dedicated page:
https://civicdatacooperative.com/blogs-and-events/civic-data-talks/

Secure your spot now by signing up on Eventbrite:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/civic-data-cooperative-48066989013